location

Durham Public Library
7 Maple Avenue
Durham, CT 06422
860-349-9544

Hours:
10:00am - 9:00pm * Monday through Thursday
10:00am - 5:00pm * Friday and Saturday

blog description

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."--Monty Python


Friday, April 22, 2011

STAFF PICKS -- My One and Only

Patti's pick:  My One and Only, by Kristan Higgins

Synopsis:
Divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancé back at home is not likely to be sympathetic.

Harper can't help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick's eyes, Harper's always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting—just around the bend.

Patti says:  I've loved all of Kristan Higgins' books, but My One and Only is by far my favorite!  I stayed up late reading it one night because I had to find out how it ended.  The story is funny and heartwarming, and the characters are charming.  One of the funniest scenes was Harper's proposal to Dennis--priceless!  I loved BeverLee, Harper's stepmother, who has a heart of gold and who always comes prepared with a bottle of Jhirmack Extra Hold hairspray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before they are published.