location

Durham Public Library
7 Maple Avenue
Durham, CT 06422
860-349-9544

Hours:
10:00am - 9:00pm * Monday through Thursday
10:00am - 5:00pm * Friday and Saturday

blog description

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."--Monty Python


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meet our new YA Librarian, Miss G.!

The Durham Public Library has a new YA Librarian, Miss Gardiner!  Here's 5 Quick Facts about Miss G:

1.  Favorite Book?

Miss G:  Hard to choose just one!  I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and my favorite Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  I love SO MANY though!  Some of my other best loved YA authors are Stephenie Meyer, Suzanne Collins, Jenna Black, Christopher Paolini, and Rachel Caine.

2.  Favorite Movie?

Miss G:  The Princess Bride.  (The book's pretty awesome too)  Other favorites include Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Mean Girls, Futurama, Stardust, Labyrinth, Indiana Jones, 27 Dresses, and Julie and Julia.

3.  Favorite video game? 

Miss G:  A random RPG game for the Gamecube called Tales of Symphonia (which I can happily still play on my Wii!).  Recently I've been totally addicted to Picross 3D on my DS though, I love puzzle games, and I've been seriously considering buying the new Pokemon game!

4.  What's in your TBR (To Be Read) pile?

Miss G:  My TBR pile is a massive, scary thing.  Let's just say my Amazon wish list has about 300 books on it.  But right now at the top is Across the Universe by Beth Revis.

5.  What do you love about YA books?

Miss G:  YA books are so varied and interesting!  One day I could be reading about knights and dragons, the next day spies and bombs, and the day after the relationships of an average high school student!  YA books encompass every genre I can think of, and even have a few of their own.  And I love working with teens because they have so many interests and are so passionate when they find a book or a topic that they love!

Be sure to check out Miss G.'s new Teen Blog: 

http://www.durhamteen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before they are published.