location

Durham Public Library
7 Maple Avenue
Durham, CT 06422
860-349-9544

Hours:
10:00am - 9:00pm * Monday through Thursday
10:00am - 5:00pm * Friday and Saturday

blog description

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."--Monty Python


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Library Snapshot Week

Thanks to everyone who participated in our Library Snapshot Week!  We asked people why they visited the library and here's what they said:



"The library is not just important to me, it is critical, like a favorite grandparent is to an child.  It's a place of wonder, learning, and mystery!"



"It has great programs that my children enjoy and are able to learn from."


"Because I like to read and take out animals (puppets)."


"I am unemployed and the library gives me a place to go to keep my brain active, and to get out of the house, and mingle with others.  Thank you!"



"The library is important to me because I feel like it is my second home."


"It is the place we come to read, study, research, play, and teach.  It is one of the most valuable places to our family!"


"It is the hub of the community!  A place of learning and exploration and giving."


"It is a quiet and friendly place to hang out."


"Because you can participate in so many things at the library.  It is an active core of a healthy, working community."


"It gives me information, a quiet place to do homework, and a ton of life-changing stories to fill my time."


"Because it takes me on new adventures and I read the most creative books, so I always want to come back."



"It is an inexpensive, relaxing visit where I have a weekly "date" with my 8-year-old son.  It is precious, quiet time together for us to learn new things."



"An affordable option (free!) for a whole state's worth of books.  I use interlibrary loan a lot."



"Connects me to the local community and the larger community of ideas.  I love my library!"


"I'm a writer and a teacher.  I use this library and other public libraries every week to find material, to deepen my knowledge and to make myself a better teacher."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before they are published.