location

Durham Public Library
7 Maple Avenue
Durham, CT 06422
860-349-9544

Hours:
10:00am - 9:00pm * Monday through Thursday
10:00am - 5:00pm * Friday and Saturday

blog description

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."--Monty Python


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PATRON PICKS -- I Am the Messenger

Gina's Pick:  I Am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak (YA)
 
Synopsis:
This teen gem about an unambitious teenager whose life is suddenly turned upside down by anonymous messages has it all-mystery, humor, romance, friendship.
 
Meet Ed Kennedy-underage cab driver, pathetic card player, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence, until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery. That's when the first Ace arrives.That's when Ed becomes the messenger.
 
Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary), until only one question remains. Who's behind Ed's mission?
 
Michael L. Printz Honor Winner

Gina says:  The ending blew my mind.  It's not even like a YA book, because it's very mature.  It's a great story.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great book. I read it because I read Zusak's other book, The Book Thief. I really enjoyed the Book Thief, and when I noticed that Zusak wrote another book, and it sounded good I decided gave it a try. Now I cheated and listened to it on tape, but it was a wonderful book. I would leave the CD player on never wanted to turn it off! It was that good of a book! Absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before they are published.