location

Durham Public Library
7 Maple Avenue
Durham, CT 06422
860-349-9544

Hours:
10:00am - 9:00pm * Monday through Thursday
10:00am - 5:00pm * Friday and Saturday

blog description

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild animals as librarians."--Monty Python


Thursday, September 15, 2011

PUMPKINS, CORNUCOPIA, AND YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY BOOKS

I've been noticing the Halloween displays in the stores recently.  And a few places even had some Christmas items out already!  So, I'm starting to think about the holidays and decorations.  I plan to pull out the Fall/Halloween decorations this weekend, although I may wait to put up the Halloween ones until the end of September. It still seems a little early to me!


One of my favorite parts of celebrating the holidays is re-reading my favorite holiday books. For Halloween, I love Soul Enchilada, by David Macinnis Gill.  I can't think of any books that I've read for Thanksgiving, but I'll have to look into that! 


For Christmas, I always enjoy reading classics like The Night Before Christmas, by Clement Clarke Moore, and A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens.  The Mischief of the Mistletoe, by Lauren Willig, was a fun one that came out last year.  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J. K. Rowling, is another book that I like to read at Christmas.


 
How about you?  Do you have a favorite holiday book?  

--Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before they are published.